Grain Producers SA will be leading and coordinating the development of a South Australian grain industry blueprint for 2020-2030. The initiative is the first of its kind for South Australia’s grain sector and will be developed in cooperation with industry and Government.
The Blueprint will provide a strategic framework to enable long-term planning and inform private and public grain industry investment decisions. The Blueprint will help to deliver greater investment through public-private partnerships, will boost research and development, as well as provide jobs and skills training at all levels. A Grain Industry Blueprint will ensure that SA producers, exporters, handlers, and manufacturers can continue to access overseas markets and will help to build export opportunities.
Growers are invited to a series of regional consultation meetings to provide feedback and insight on the development of the grain industry blueprint.
The first workshops are:
- Cummins: Tuesday 30 July at 12pm, Cummins Bowls Club.
- Minnipa: Wednesday 31 July at 1:45pm, Minnipa Ag Centre.
- Cleve: Thursday 1 August at 1:45pm, Cleve District Hall
- Roseworthy: Thursday 8 August at 1pm (12:30 lunch), Australian Grain Technologies Roseworthy.
- Loxton: Friday 9 August at 1pm, Bulla Burra Farm.
- Murray Bridge: Friday 30 August at 12:30pm (lunch provided), Rural Development Australia Murraylands.
The meetings will also review the CFS harvest and stubble burning codes of practice. Please register your attendance here.
A stakeholder scoping workshop was held on 26 June at the Waite Institute, and focussed on industry opportunities and growth, and sought industry-driven ideas.
Updates will be provided via GPSA’s newsletters. You can sign up to receive by joining the mailing list.
Growers can provide feedback and suggestions for the Grain Industry Blueprint by contacting:
- Jonathan Wilson
- Grain Industry Blueprint Project Manager
- 1300 734 884
The project is proudly supported by the Government of South Australia