The autumn 2019 edition of Grain Producer covers a number of key policy issues Grain Producers SA has been working on for the benefit of South Australian growers.
Feature stories include:
- Q&A with NFF president Fiona Simson: Find out how the first female president of the National Farmers’ Federation got her start in leadership.
- From the US to the GPSA Board room: Professor Wendy Umberger brings a unique perspective in her role as a GPSA Director.
- New technology drives gains: In the low-rainfall area the Woolford family farms at Kimba and Buckleboo on the Upper Eyre Peninsula, embracing new technology as it becomes available is a must.
- Chain of Responsibility workshops a success: More than 500 farmers from across the state had the opportunity to learn more about the Chain of Responsibility framework in easy-to-understand terms.
- Striking the right balance: For more than a decade, a community on the Central Eyre Peninsula has been living in uncertainty.
- Self-regulation proves worth: A Parliamentary Select Committee report provided strong arguments in favour of the Grain Harvesting Code of Practice.
- GPSA calls for grain industry blueprint: A state-wide grain industry blueprint will enable long-term planning and better targeted government funding to improve export pathways, GPSA says.
... And many more!