Mining Act Review drop in sessions
Oct 12, 2017
The Department of Premier and Cabinet (DPC) Mining Act Review Team will be hosting a number of regional ‘drop in’ sessions across South Australia throughout October and November as part of the Leading Practice Mining Acts Review.
The Review Team will be discussing the recently released document, Benefits for all - Recommendations on new mining laws for South Australia and the way forward for the Mining Act Review.
This comes after discussion with GPSA and other farming groups, in which GPSA strongly advocated for more consultation with landowners and other stakeholders in regional SA.
GPSA strongly encourages its members and any other interested parties to attend the nearest drop-in session to get an update on where the Mining Act Review is up to and the next steps in the process.
More information is available on DPC's Leading Practice Mining Acts Review website.
Locations, dates, venues and times for the drop in sessions are as follows:
- Thursday, 19 October: Wudinna Community Club, Wudinna, between 9:30am and 11:30am
- Thursday, 19 October: Cummins Hotel, Cummins, between 2pm and 4pm
- Thursday, 19 October: Port Lincoln Yacht Club, Port Lincoln, between 7pm and 8:30pm
- Friday, 27 October: The Ascot, Kadina, between 9:30am and 11:30am
- Friday, 27 October: Maitland Information Centre, Maitland, between 2pm and 4pm
- Monday, 30 October: Mud Hut Motel, Coober Pedy, between 4pm and 6pm
- Friday, 3 November: 101 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, between 10am and 12pm
- Tuesday, 7 November: Strathalbyn Community Centre, Strathalbyn, between 10am and 12pm
- Wednesday, 8 November: Country Women’s Association, Tanunda, between 10:30am and 12:30pm
- Thursday, 9 November: Keith Institute, Keith, between 10am and 12pm
- Thursday, 9 November: The Naracoorte Hotel, Naracoorte, between 2pm and 4pm
- Thursday, 9 November: RSL Members Lounge, Mt Gambier, between 6pm and 7:30pm
- Tuesday, 14 November: Burra Sporting Complex, Burra, between 11am and 12:30pm
- Tuesday, 14 November: Standpipe Golf Motor Inn, Port Augusta, between 4pm and 6pm