Grain Producers SA Limited is committed to complying with the principles set out in the Privacy Act. This Statement governs our collection, storage, use and disclosure of personal information
How do we collect your personal information?
Personal information is information from which it is possible to determine your identity. Such information may include your name, postal address and email address. We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, for example, when you provide information to us by phone, email, in an application form or through our website (www.grainproducerssa.com.au); and
- from third parties, such as Primary Industries of South Australia, Grain Producers Australia Limited and the various other government and industry organisations (Other Organisations) and other third parties that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf.
Where possible, we collect this information from the individual concerned.
How do we use your personal information?
We and the Other Organisations, to whom we disclose your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Statement, may use your personal information in order to:
- verify your identity;
- develop a members register to enable us to maintain contact with our members;
- develop a members register to enable us to keep open lines of communication;
- develop, run, administer and market programs, activities and other events relating to grains issues;
- ensure meetings, elections and activities comply with the constitution; and
- administer and manage our respective web sites and provide you with access to those websites.
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact us.
When do we disclose your personal information?
Personal information that we collect directly from you in order to create and maintain our members database will not be disclosed to third parties, except to:
- companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf. For example, we disclose customer contact information to the organisations which fulfil mail outs from our website;
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers; our insurers; and others as required or authorised by law.
Personal information that we collect from you for purposes other than for the maintenance of our members database and from third parties (e.g. ticketing agencies) may be disclosed to:
- the parties referred to above and;
- organisations involved in representing grain producers.
Accuracy of your personal information
We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, we rely on the accuracy of personal information as provided to us both directly and indirectly. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us immediately (our contact details are set out below) and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
We take steps to make sure that personal information is stored securely. Those steps include storing paper records in a physically secure place, and using appropriate access controls in relation to our information systems. When personal financial information is sent to us using our web site, we use encryption technologies to prevent that information from being read or altered by another person while in transit.
Your access rights
Subject to some exceptions at law, you are entitled to make a request to access your personal information. You should make this request in writing. You will not be charged for lodging such a request. We will provide access by allowing you to inspect personal information, or by giving you a copy of the personal information. If your personal information is not accurate, up-to-date or complete, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the information is corrected.
In addition to information entered into our web site, the site automatically collects two types of information. First, we may from time to time collect information relating to use of our web site, such as which pages are requested and accessed and which browser software is being used. This information enables us to identify the areas of the site which are popular and tailor the site accordingly. Secondly, we make use of a web browser software feature known as “cookies” which causes the users web browser software to store small pieces of textual information on a user’s computer. This feature allows us to make our site more useful by appearing to remember information about a user during and between visits.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
From time to time we may need to change this Privacy Statement in line with our business practices. We will notify you of any changes by posting an announcement and the amended Privacy Statement on our website www.grainproducerssa.com.au.
For further information about Grain Producers SA Limited’s use of personal information, or to request access to the information we might hold about you, please contact Grain Producers SA Limited
Our website address is: https://grainproducerssa.com.au.