The fourth edition of Grain Producer has a strong focus on the 2018 GROWING SA Conference, to be held on Friday 14 September at the Adelaide Hills Convention Centre, Hahndorf. Mallala growers Richard and Trish Konzag feature on the cover, talking about their experience being a part of Rural Business Support’s Grains Industry Farm Business Strategic Review.
Feature stories include:
- Q&A with Caroline Rhodes: New GPSA Chief Executive Officer Caroline Rhodes outlines her vision for the South Australian grains industry.
- GROWING SA is back: South Australia’s only forum to debate grains and livestock advocacy, research and farm business issues is back.
- Canadian experience shows GMs boost sustainability: Dr Stuart Smyth from the university of Saskatchewan, Canada, will speak at GROWING SA 2018 thanks to the Agricultural Biotechnology Council of Australia on how GM crops have revolutionised the production systems and marketing options of Canadian growers.
- New campaign calls on industry to Hit Your Target: GPSA has launched a new campaign encouraging growers to maximise the effectiveness of spray applications while minimising any unforeseen crop protection risks.
- No barriers on marketing for Victorian grower: A family farm in Victoria’s Wimmera region is proving that genetically modified and non-GM crops can co-exist and thrive under the right circumstances.
- Growers grapple with dry times and patchy rains: Despite world-leading agronomy, many South Australian growers are feeling the pinch of what has been an exceptionally dry winter.
- Grains industry joins strategic review: Improving farm business profitability through adoption and improvement of business practices is the goal behind Rural Business Support’s innovative Farm Business Strategic Review program.
... And many more!