The third edition of Grain Producer was jam-packed with features, including a cover story on the important and ever-increasing role women are playing in agriculture.
Feature stories include:
- Getting into grain production … how I started: Grain Producer profiles two South Australian grain growers, how they got started in the industry and what it is about farming that keeps them involved year-in, year-out.
- Food producers are … GROWING SA: The state’s grain and livestock industries joined together in August 2017 to celebrate a stellar 12 months of production with a new industry event, the GROWING SA 2017 Conference.
- Technology in agriculture: Lucindale farmer Lachlan Seears recently won the 2017 Kondinin Group Award for Excellence in Technology. He outlines how he makes decisions to invest in new technology on-farm.
- Ray of hope for kind finish as ‘mixed bag’ season unfolds: AFTER last year’s record breaking 11.1 million tonne grain harvest, it was almost a certainty that this year’s haul was going to be lower. However, no one would have predicted the ‘mixed bag’ facing grain producers across South Australia this season.
- Developing leadership skills key to building women on farms: South Australian women in agriculture are rewriting the story of the traditional masculine farmer on the land as a new generation of female farmers is encouraged to take pride in their occupation.
Grain Producer is available as an online book, which can also be downloaded or printed.
Watch the 'Primary Producers SA join farming’s peak national body' video featuring Rob Kerin, PPSA; Tony Mahar, NFF; Wade Dabinett, GPSA; and Geoff Power, Livestock SA